Re: cyr_deliver not deleting messages from file system - what am I doing wrong?

At first, thanks for your answer, and sorry for the delay.

On 10.06.2024 12:20, Patrick Boutilier wrote:
The first thing that comes to mind is to make sure that Thunderbird has actually compacted the folders.

I always thought that a message gets the "Deleted" flag assigned when I delete it in TB, and that cyr_expire can be used to purge all messages that have this flag set. Would you mind shortly explaining why it is necessary to have TB compact the respective folder before using cyr_expire?

Compacting folders is not possible anyway for me because there are a few hundred of them over which these messages are scattered.

If you run this, do you get the expected number of messages?

unexpunge -l user.ton|grep UID|wc -l

That does not seem to effect anything. At least this is a thing I can understand because the messages in question only have the "Deleted" flag set, but have not been expunged yet. Therefore unexpunge is not expected to process them.

Change UID to Expg and remove "wc -l" in the above command to see when the messages were expunged.

Thank you very much. I'll note this for future cases as a possible method to analyze problems. In the current scenario, unexpunge doesn't seem the right tool because the messages in question haven't been expunged yet.

Best regards,

Binarus