Re: squat non-ascii search is broken?

On 2024-04-24 2:41 AM, a.lobanov@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

BTW. I see a strange issue in Xapian initial indexing.
We have many folders with 10,000 and more messages. Say, N messages. If I set "search_batchsize" to value M less than N to prevent long mailbox locking in live server, squatter re-enters the folder many times more than N/M, with permanent intensive writing to  search partition. So, I had to set search_batchsize to 1,000,000.

Thank you for posting that! I was having exactly the same issue with 3.8.2 running on AlmaLinux 8, and increasing search_batchsize did the trick.

I don't think I've seen this mentioned previously in my searches of the list archives, and a number of people reported performance issues, etc. with initial xapian indexing that didn't really include a follow-up resolution, so this might be helpful for others too.

--
Nels Lindquist
nlindq@xxxxxxx