Re: Global sieve-scripts - Can no longer update them

On Monday, 15 April 2024 15:16:24 CEST Nic Bernstein wrote:
> Simon,
> No, I just tried it with "sieveshell -u cyrus localhost" and it failed,
> which I expected.  Then I ran with "-a cyrus" and it worked.  I hadn't
> even thought of the default behaviour of assuming "-u <login user>".
> Joost's point is that he's unable to run the current version with -u
> <adminuser> and so cannot administer global sieve scripts.  I was just
> trying to think around that.
>      -nic

Which I definitely appreciate.
Any workaround would be nice.

I think this is where the issue originates:
---
Since 3.6, sieve scripts are stored in the '#sieve' mailbox (configurable with
the sieve_folder imapd.conf(5) option). No manual steps are necessary for
upgrade: Cyrus recognises the old style storage and will convert to the new
style automatically as necessary.
---

This works for personal sieve-scripts, but not global sieve scripts. And the
guide on how to configure global sieve scripts has not been updated.

--
Joost