minimal configuration for cyrus murder

Hi, I'm trying to build a Cyrus cluster with 1 frontend server, one master, and two backends, but I'm having trouble getting the basic functions of this setup to work. what are the essential configurations that I need to put on each server to be able to connect a mail client on the front and its proxy to the back and create/access the mailboxes?