Re: List mailboxes

> I am looking for a nice way to list all mailboxes (not the sub-boxes). The best without "user/".
>
> Cyrus 3.6.1.
>
> How do you do this?

To get a simple line by line text list, the cyradm commands lm or lam are your bet.

For a json output, ctl_mboxlist might help you better.

But all of them list all mailboxes - including such you call „submailboxes“ here. I.e a user/abc and a shared/abc are different mailboxes.

If you only want mailboxes on a specific level, you may filter the output externally by some regex based filter mechanism.

Mailbox names consist of the „prefix“ (like „user“, „shared“ or whatever your cyrus server uses as namespaces. If you need the name without the prefix, you have to modify it by non cyrus mechanisms like grep, sed/awk or similar.

Depending from your cyrus setup the mailboxes are represented by different prefixes, path elements etc. so that a more detailed answer is not possible without knowing that details.

hth,

niels.

—
Niels Dettenbach