Re: [Marketing Mail] Re: LDAP authentication and authorization using Debian and Active Directory

Hi Jwallis

I am facing the same issues as yours although not exactly. I also belief that in the near future Microsoft will force us to use ldaps so I am trying to get Cyrus-imap authentication with windows 2022 AD over ldaps.

The only difference from you is that I don’t need ptloader I don’t need groups information. I only need user authentication.

Currently I managed to setup in the Lab a working cyrus-imap which authenticate through Windows 2022 AD over ldap (not secured and I could see the password in plain text)

I imported CA certificate and updated the local thrusted stores.

Executed the following command:

ldapwhoami -ZZ -H ldap://dnsservername  -D "CN=xxxxx,CN=Users,DC=xxxxxxx,DC=xxx" -W

and I got the proper reply.  Which indicate that the AD is accepting connections on LDAPS port and CA was properly imported.

I belief something is related to configurations in  /etc/saslauthd.conf file

Do you have a typical /etc/saslauthd.conf file which permits authentication over LDAPS please?

Thanks

Denis