Strange INBOX subfolders with altnamespace set to yes

Hello,

Our IMAP servers have been upgraded from Cyrus IMAP 2.3.16 to Cyrus IMAP 3.4.6 with a preliminary step to 2.4.22 last year. We kept our previous parameter values for altnamespace (yes) and unixhierarchysep (no) in the process.

l also noticed, for 2 of our user's mail accounts, the presence of a folder named user.<username>.Draft.INBOX.

We've been using Cyrus IMAP for a long time, and I haven't noticed this before. I wonder wether this could be caused by a mail client that is willingly creating  these folders, or if I should suspect a bug (in a client or in Cyrus IMAP).

We are using RoundCube as a webmail and I could reproduce this behaviour by moving a folder by drag and drop under my INBOX folder. RoundCube names the root of the user's mailbox hierarchy '---' but this is not displayed in the GUI and can't be the destination if a user wants to drag and drop ; the INBOX folder thus becomes the natural alternative for somone looking to drag and drop to the root of his hierarchy . I initialy thought that this could be the explanation for the presence of INBOX subfolders but one of my colleagues reported the creation of subfolders of INBOX in his personnnal mailbox although he did not use our webmail to move these folders.

Has anyone of you noticed the same thing and been able to figure out what was the origin ?

Regards.