Re: skipstamp db missing errors

Hi again,

I've dug a bit deeper...

My previous email was a little off in some of the specifics, but not enough for it to matter, and the big picture remains the same.

For skiplist specifically, if "ctl_cyrusdb -r" has not been run, and therefore the db/skipstamp file doesn't exist, then "recovery" will happen for every skiplist database every time anything opens it (thus "assuming the worst").  The housekeeping isn't missed though -- it's just maybe overdone.

The error message could be better!  While I'm in here anyway, I might see about putting together a small patch to improve logging around that condition.  If the problem is just that the skipstamp file is missing, an informational message about needing to run ctl_cyrusdb -r to create it seems appropriate.  I think alarm bells only need to sound when the skipstamp file exists but is unreadable or corrupt.

Cheers,

ellie