Re: Cyrus imap support dates.

Le 28/06/2023 à 10:43:56+1000, ellie timoney a écrit

Hi,

I'm interessted by the topic because in some time (2024) I will need to
upgrade my server too, so currently I'm running 3.0.x and whould upgrade to
the last version in Debian whatever_version.

> The upgrade process that we recommend (because it's similar to what we do at
> Fastmail, where most Cyrus-IMAP development occurs, and therefore is very well
> tested), broadly, is to stand up a new server on the new version, and replicate
> your data in with Cyrus replication.  If you don't already have a replicated
> environment, this is a good opportunity to invest in redundancy.  If you don't
> already know how to use Cyrus replication, you should learn how to do so before
> using it for an upgrade.  You could use IMAP to transfer your mailboxes in
> instead, but replication is designed for the purpose, will be easier (once you
> understand it), and will produce a better result faster.

  Does all ACL are replicated to the new server with this method ?

  With the replication method can I upgrade from 3.0 -> 3.8 (for example)
  without passing through the other versions 3.2, 3.4, 3.6 ?

Regards

--
Albert SHIH 🦫 🐸
Observatoire de Paris