Re: what is the recommended max ext4 partition size for a cyrus mailstore?

oh nice.  i know ZFS is the future.  the benefits of COW, b-trees, checksum data integrity,  reed-soloman- raidZ, online scrubs, snapshots, etc are hard to ignore.  and LZ4 is just icing on the cake.   so a striped pool of 2x 12 wide Raid-Z2 with LZ4? -> brilliantly greedy! are you CPU or memory bound now? looks like you found a good config that balances cost, speed and reliability of NVMe.  My install will be 12 spinners due to a shoestring budget. so I will probably be doing a striped pool of 6 mirror vdevs, trading out half the capacity for speed, and rolling the dice on slightly more or less redundancy.  I also hear ARC needs a ton of memory when you tune ZFS for smaller record sizes like 16kb. something like 1% of your pool,  and machines with a ton of ram are usually NUMA machines which appears to be a non starter for ZFS?

I would love to hear more about your setup and ZFS experience..
what ARC and record size did you end up settling on?
I imagine you are getting a pretty high compression ratio with lz4.