Different mailbox-pathes in SLES and Ubuntu

Hello,
I got the task, to migrate a cyrus imapd installation from an old SLES 12 with cyrus imapd 2.4.19
to an ubuntu-machine with ubuntu 22.04 LTS with cyrus imapd 3.4.3.

I'm not very familar with that stuff.

My first problem: The path to the mailboxes on the old system is /var/spool/imap/user/. In this directory there are all the user mailboxes.
But on the ubuntu-Server the mailbox-path-structure is as follows: /var/spool/cyrus/mail/[a-z]/user.

I can't find any setting, where I can manipulate this. Does this path depend on the OS ? Or on the cyrus imapd version ?

My plan was to copy the mailboxes to the new server and start a reconstruct.

But how will I do that ? Do I have to sort the users into the alphabetical ordered directory structure "manually" ?
Or can I keep my old structure ?

thanks

Thomas