Re: CalDAV with https + DIGEST-MD5 fails

On 2022-11-11 22:56, Ken Murchison wrote:

I think someone else reported this previously but I haven't had a chance to look into it.  I regret even attempting to make SASL DIGEST-MD5 operate as HTTP Digest auth.

If you are using https, then Basic auth should be sufficient correct?

Thanks.  I was surprised that DIGEST-MD5 worked with plain http, but I don't really understand the inner workings of authentication and how it differs for http and httpd.

But yes, basic + https will work, since this is a new CalDAV install.  I was previously using the same imapd.conf file with both imapd/pop3d and httpd, but I've now created a custom conf file for httpd.

Changing to plain + STARTTLS for all imap/pop3 clients would be more difficult, given how many clients (Outlook!) are already using DIGEST-MD5 there, but I should probably get started on that.

Mark

Disclaimer: http://www2.peralex.com/disclaimer.html