How to deal with several domains

Hello!

I am newbie as a sysadmin and postmaster, although FreeBSD with Sendmail and Cyrus with Nextcloud WebUI (based on Horde libraries) installed and set successfully, thank you.

Own e-mail @on.lt with aliases @online.lt on MX host sala.online.lt works smoothly now, but I can not set @patirtis.org properly without PAM accounts to access the localhost as its users. Is that feature still not implemented yet?

I have set 'virtdomains: userid' and 'defaultdomain: on.lt' in imapd.conf, appended patirtis.org to mailertable and local-host-names for Sendmail, eventually established two mailboxes: my vladas and other karalius for patirtis.org using Cyrus SASL and then Cyrus Admin:

# saslpasswd2 -u patirtis.org vladas
# saslpasswd2 -u patirtis.org karalius
# sasldblistusers2
cyrus!sala.online.lt: userPassword
vladas!sala.online.lt: userPassword
vladas!on.lt: userPassword
vladas!patirtis.org: userPassword
karalius!patirtis.org: userPassword

(@ replaced with ! here, sorry)

# cyradm -u vladas patirtis.org
Password:
Login failed...

Fortunately, I found an undocumented workaround:

# cyradm -u vladas!patirtis.org patirtis.org
lm
INBOX (\Subscribed \HasNoChildren)
lam inbox
vladas!patirtis.org lrswipkxtecdan cyrus lrxtecd
lqr inbox
INBOX STORAGE 0/1048576 (0%)
quit

Then I tried to access 'karalius' by Thunderbird — successfully, it even created a few of typical mail folders and sent a test message From: <karalius ! patirtis.org>.

# cyradm -u cyrus localhost
lm
user/karalius/Drafts@xxxxxxxxxxxx (\HasNoChildren)
user/karalius/Sent@xxxxxxxxxxxx (\HasNoChildren)
user/karalius/Trash@xxxxxxxxxxxx (\HasNoChildren)
user/karalius!patirtis.org (\HasNoChildren)
user/vladas (\HasChildren)
user/vladas/Draft (\HasNoChildren)
user/vladas/Junk (\HasNoChildren)
user/vladas/Sent (\HasNoChildren)
user/vladas/Trash (\HasNoChildren)
user/vladas!patirtis.org (\HasNoChildren)
(! means @, too)

Looks a bit weird, although the real paths are quite logical:
/var/spool/cyrus/domain/patirtis.org/user/karalius/
/var/spool/cyrus/domain/patirtis.org/user/vladas/
/var/spool/cyrus/user/vladas/

# sendmail -bv vladas!on.lt, karalius!patirtis.org
vladas!on.lt... deliverable: mailer cyrusv2, user vladas
karalius!patirtis.org... deliverable: mailer cyrusv2, user karalius

Congrats! Unfortunately, despite a local mail and also telnet from home via sala.online.lt is going to karalius!patirtis.org successfully, but returns DSN 550 error: "User unknown or there is no mailbox associated with this name". And letters sent to vladas!patirtis.org arrive in my mailbox vladas!on.lt, although there are no such alias. A remote mail to patirtis.org returns a bit different DSN 550 5.7.1 error code: "Relay denied".

Perhaps external LDAP or some special authentication should be established for virtual domains? I did not limit default authentication:

sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd pwcheck auxprop

in imapd.conf and the following line in Sendmail.conf:

pwcheck_method: saslauthd

What have I done wrong?

Vladas