Re: SASL and PAM

Dne středa 27. července 2022 19:49:35 CEST, lovecraftesque via Info napsal(a):
> #%PAM-1.0
>
> auth                 sufficient     /lib64/security/pam_radius_auth.so
> localifdown auth                 required        pam_unix.so
> account         required        pam_unix.so
>
> What I am doing wrong? Why is the SASL authentication failing?

pam_unix.so is authenticating against /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow

> This aside, I downloaded a SASL PAM module, which works as expected when in
> /etc/pam.d/MyApp I replace pam_unix.so with the name of the shared library
> associated with this module: pam_sasl.so. In this case, the SASL
> authentication works, and the SASL daemon is not necessary: the SASL PAM
> module seems to be matching passwords against the /etc/sasldb2 file
> directly.

SASL daemon is there to pass auth from SASL library to PAM.
PAM will try radius and fall back to pam_sasl (/etc/sasldb2)

If you would use only /etc/sasldb2, then you could use it directly without PAM
and SASL deamon.

--
Best Regards
        Vladislav Kurz