Re: Unable to connect with sieveshell

Am Dienstag, 14. Juni 2022, 11:30:52 CEST schrieb Janos Dohanics:
> Well, doesn't the error message "unable to connect to server" imply
> that authentication couldn't have even been attempted because no
> connection was established?
depends from the definition / interpretation of "connection"...

At least your telnet out and the sieveshell dialogue suggests that there is
any issue on the auth stage over a proper TCP connection:

>> Please enter your password:
>> unable to connect to server at /usr/local/bin/sieveshell line 202,
<STDIN>...

> FWIW, I can connect and authenticate with imtest(1).
i remember, that IMAP / POP3 connections / authentication was "working", only
sieve was not (because of some special dependency within the regarding code).
Took me several days to fugure that out.

...and if i remember right, sieveshell expects ssl/tls (even if this is not
used / required in any cyrus sieve setup).

But this is just a shot in the dark with fragments of my similiar experience
from my mind.

hth,

niels.

--