Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Hosted email service based on cyrus ?

István,
One might think this obvious for a list hosted by Fastmail, but have you considered Fastmail?  While Fastmail are based in Melbourne, Australia, their servers are in various locations.  The other I would immediately think of is KolabNow, based in the EU.  Both are built upon Cyrus.  Fastmail is the lead developer of Cyrus, and has been for several years.  Kolab is also a major contributor to Cyrus.

The Fastmail option, (disclaimer: I do not use Fastmail, but have spent time in their offices, working on Cyrus documentation, and think they're all great folks) employs JMAP, capabilities which they built into Cyrus in order to provide a more responsive user experience, and they have great web and phone apps.  I haven't worked with KolabNow, so cannot speak to that experience.

Cheers,
    -nic