Re: sasl seems to be ignoring my Sendmail.conf

Hello,

to use sasldb try:

pwcheck_method: auxprop
auxprop_plugin: sasldb

in this scenario saslauthd is out of the game and not needed to be started.

In my config I have
/etc/sasldb2 - file with usernames and passwords, managed by saslpasswd2 command and
/etc/sasl2/Sendmail.conf -  the content is two lines:

srvtab: /var/app/srvtab
pwcheck_method: auxprop

I'm not sure about the importance of the settings in it, because I don't even have a directory /var/app/ but I read that it is necessary.

Regards!
Valentin

На 09.05.2022 в 01:43, John Covici написа:
Thanks for your response, but no joy -- I get the same output  from
saslauthd -v  and sendmail still thinks it has no mechanisms.

On Sun, 08 May 2022 16:04:52 -0400,