Re: Errors deleting mailboxes

What's wrong with that, what did you expect to see?

Thanks, Ellie, for your time.

I'm a Cyrus user since 2005 and this the first time I see "\NonExistent".

delete_mode was "immediate". Now, I'm commenting out that line and try again.

About chk_cyrus, on /etc/default/cyrus-imapd:

# Check spool condition with chk_cyrus on daily cronjob
# Set to 1 to enable, default is disabled
CHKCYRUS=1

Again, thanks for your suggestions. I'll make those changes and see what happens.

Javier.-

I think you might have "delete_mode" set to "delayed" in your imapd.conf.  Or, you don't have "delete_mode" set at all, in which case "delayed" is the default.  Check the imapd.conf(5) man page (or on the web at https://www.cyrusimap.org/3.2/imap/reference/manpages/configs/imapd.conf.html) for a description of this option.  While you're there, have a look at "expunge_mode" too, which is similar but applies to messages rather than mailboxes.

I'd recommend leaving both set to "delayed".  It's the default for good reason, but if you don't know about it and are expecting stuff to be deleted immediately, then it will surprise you.

Your earlier email shows "chk_cyrus" complaining.  I'm not familiar with this tool, and our tests don't run it.  Looking at git history, it hasn't had substantial work in some time, so I wonder if the tool is simply out of date, and complaining about something perfectly normal that it hasn't been updated to recognise.  Alas, when it finds the error that causes it to bail out, it doesn't bother to report _what the error was_.  D'oh!

What does "reconstruct -n ..." say?  (Check the reconstruct(8) man page for full invocation.)  If reconstruct is happy, I would ignore whatever chk_cyrus is complaining about, or report a bug against chk_cyrus.

Cheers,

ellie