Re: MTA Open Mail Relaying Allowed

On 04.01.22 12:23, jun1art1 via Info wrote:
My cyrus smtp VM got this violation MTA Open Mail Relaying Allowed.

Can you please help me how to fix that security issue?

No, we cannot. This mailing list is about Cyrus software -- which does not include SMTP-servers. The virtual machine known to you as "Cyrus VM" must be running something like Sendmail, QMail, or Postfix in addition to Cyrus IMAP, and it is that component, that's being flagged by something (security scanner?) -- not Cyrus IMAP.

Whomever you ask for help, will need to know, what Operating System you're running in that VM, and what SMTP-server is in use.

More generally, the ancient rule is: "To ask a question, you need to know half of the answer"...

Good luck.

-mi