Compiling on Ubuntu 20.04

Hello all,

I'm trying to compile version 3.4.2 on Ubuntu 20.04, as I'm looking to add JMAP support. Can I just sanity check my process?

I've downloaded the 3.4.2 tar.gz from GitHub, then extracted it. I'm then installing the build deps and configuring with the following:

sudo apt-get install -yy git build-essential autoconf automake libtool \
    pkg-config bison flex libssl-dev libjansson-dev libxml2-dev \
    libsqlite3-dev libical-dev libsasl2-dev libpcre3-dev uuid-dev \
    libicu-dev \
    libxapian-dev \
    postgresql-server-dev-all \
    sasl2-bin \
    libsasl2-modules \
    libbrotli-dev \
    libchardet-dev \
    libuchardet-dev \
    libical-dev \
    libxml2-dev \
    libnghttp2-dev \
    shapelib \
    libwslay-dev \
    zlib1g-dev \
    libpcre3-dev

autoreconf -i

./configure \
--enable-calalarmd \
--enable-autocreate \
--enable-nntp \
--enable-http \
--enable-jmap \
--with-pgsql \
--with-openssl=yes \
--enable-idled \
--with-pgsql-incdir=/usr/include/postgresql \
--enable-xapian \
--with-sphinx-build=no

However, when I then run make I get an error about detect_handledata_r being undefined. This looks like a chardet issue, so I'm now trying to build all the cyruslibs as I'm assuming that'll be more up to date that what libchardet-dev installed.

Does that sound reasonable? It looks like there are some other issues with compiling some of the cyruslibs, so I wanted to check before I start playing whack-a-mole with dependencies etc.

Assuming I manage to get things compiled, is there a nice way to move the binaries etc to a separate server? I'd prefer to have a way to build on one server and install on another. (Ideally I'd like to create a deb file but I feel that might be a stretch.)

Thanks in advance,

Felix