Re: Can I try to replace Dovecot with Cyrus in Virtualmin?

Hi,

I don't know Virtualmin, but Dovecot and Cyrus, use different ways
of storing Mails, so I suspect that you need to migrate the mails your self.

Depending on the size of the installation,(for tiny installation aka few users)
you can use local folders in your mail client to store the mails and copy them
back after the migration, (for larger installation) you can command line tools
like imapsync to move the mails from one server to an other. But this would
require you can run the old and new software in parallel, or that you have
a third IMAP server where you can  store the mails during switching.

   Michael

Quoting ceo.teo.en.ming@xxxxxxxxx:

Subject: Can I try to replace Dovecot with Cyrus in Virtualmin?

Good day from Singapore,

Recently I installed Virtualmin web hosting server control panel on
my CentOS 7.9 VPS Linux server.

Dovecot was installed automatically by Virtualmin.

Can I try to replace Dovecot with Cyrus?

Thank you.

Regards,

Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
Targeted Individual in Singapore

Michael Menge                          Tel.: (49) 7071 / 29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071 / 29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung mail: michael.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen