Re: re-sync slave after crash

Hi,

Quoting Marcus Schopen <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

I had to recover my slave qcow image from backup, so that data on slave
is one day older than on master now. Can I just fire up slave and it is
getting in sync with master?

Rolling replication will only sync folders/sievscripts/subscribtions if there
is a "new" change at that place. But then the sync_client will sync all changes for that folder,
all sievescripts, for that user or all subscriptions for that user.

Cyrus would eventually catch up, but it would be hard to figure out if/when
the slave would be completely sycn with the master again.

The best method to fix this is to use "sync_client -A" to sync all users
and "sync_client -m -f ListOfPublicFolders.txt"  to sync all folders not
owned by any user

The two sync_client commands can run while the rolling replication is running.

Kind Regards

   Michael Menge

Michael Menge                          Tel.: (49) 7071 / 29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071 / 29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung mail: michael.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen