Re: Disconnecting users from mailbox (due to a password change, for instance)

> Good morning,
>
> We have a feature that allows a user to kill all it's sessions. Imagine
> a cellphone gets stolen. The user could disconnect it's sessions from
> our interface.
>
> It normally works fine. We just launch a kill TERM to the user's
> imap/pop processes mainly. But I have seen a couple of times, that after
> doing that, no user can later connect to it's mailbox. It's like, if
> something  important would become locked... some important database or
> similar, by that killed processes that obviously as have become killed,
> won't unlock that hypothetical important database. Have you ever seen a
> behavior like the commented?.
>
> Perhaps, does Cyrus have another "more elegant" way of logging out a
> user?.

>From how I understand it you could send SIGHUP to the child process and it
should terminate gracefully. BUT, I think it also keeps valid connections
alive and therefore can take a lot of time to terminate. Did you try how
SIGHUP behaves?

Now looking at the code it seems like child_janitor() is called to
terminate children and it does so with SIGHUP. Did I look in the wrong
place because I don't remember stopping master has taken a lot of time?

Otherwise, this really asks for another signal to be defined to do a
forced logout, maybe SIGUSR1 could be used for this task?

Regards,
Simon