Re: updating from 2.4(!) to modern cyrus, some tech questions

----- Message from Carl Brewer <carl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> ---------
    Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 09:50:41 +1000
    From: Carl Brewer <carl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Subject: updating from 2.4(!) to modern cyrus, some tech questions
      To: Info <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Could not retrieve public key for carl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

Curious as to why people sign with PGP and then don't submit their keys to public servers... what's the point of default signing every email you send?

Means that my email client goes to sleep for about a minute while it tries to find and match a public key before it times out and gives up.

I get that PGP is useful... I don't get how it is useful signing every email including ones going to thousands of list recipients, each of whom then waste time trying to retrieve a public key.

/rant

Simon