Re: Unable to connect to IMAP - Exceeded Maximum Number of Connections

Am Mittwoch, 23. Juni 2021, 11:58:40 CEST schrieb adamw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
> When switching I often see:
>
> "Unable to connect to your IMAP server.
> You may have exceeded the maximum number of connections to this server.
> If so use the Advanced IMAP Server Settings dialog to reduce the number of
> cached connections."
>
> I have already tried reducing the maximum number of server connections to
> cache from 5 to 1 across all clients and waited 24 hours before
> reconnecting but the issue didn't go away.
>
> My question: where do I find an option to slightly increase the limit on
> server side and what is it called?
if i remember correctly, this is a Thunderbird issue. There is usually "no limit" from cyrus side (except you have some untypical low limit for maxchild on imapd in cyrus.conf)

Thunderbird seems to get problems when i.e. larger IMAP structures (many folders) exist / has to be "displayed" / "synced" with its local cache.
We typically "solved" that by increasing the amount of "maximum IMAP connections" in Thunderbird (i.e. doubling it).

see i.e.:
https://www.siteground.com/kb/you_may_have_exceeded_the_maximum_number_of_connections

hth,

niels.