Re: Problem with xfermailbox (requested partition directory for unknown partition)

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021, at 10:11 AM, ellie timoney wrote:
On Wed, 9 Jun 2021, at 3:30 PM, glad@xxxxx wrote:
Jun  8 14:33:51 node3 imap[1096067]: requested partition directory for unknown partition 'user/xxx'

That's very strange.  It seems to be trying to treat "user/xxx" as a partition name, when it's clearly an account name.

Ahh, that warning is a red herring.  I'm skimming the code to see what jumps out, and it looks like one of the valid uses of XFER is to specify a partition name as the "mailbox" to xfer (in which case the entire partition is xfer'd).  It detects whether this argument is a partition or a normal mailbox by looking up whether the name is a partition, and if it's not a known partition name, then it treats it as a mailbox and carries on.  But the function to look up whether a string is a partition name happens to log a warning when it's not, which is what happens here.

My questions in the previous email are still relevant though, I think.