Re: archive partition

Hi,

You can make RAID 0

mdadm --create /dev/md/cyrus-arc --level=0 --raid-devices=26 /path/to/part/a /path/to/part/b ...
make filesystem and mount it at /var/spool/cyrus-archive

Regards!
Valentin

На 01.06.2021 в 19:23, julien.combes@xxxxxxxxxxx написа:
Hello,

I have a question regarding the archive partition on cyrus imap.

We are considering adding an archive partition to our cyrus imap servers. Currently, we only have one partition on each server. As the archive partition will be large (50-100TB), we were thinking of setting up multiple archive partitions. This would require splitting our main partition into several partitions and moving the mailboxes to these partitions.

My boss would like to avoid this action of moving mailboxes. He suggested declaring an archive partition in cyrus and mounting partitions (in the system sense) under each of the letters in the archive partition.

Concretely this means that we would configure in cyrus :
archivepartition-name: /var/spool/cyrus-archive

And under /var/spool/cyrus-archive we would mount 26 partitions from letters a to z.

I'm not very comfortable with this idea. But I haven't found any information in the docs or on the internet about whether this is possible or not (or whether it is strongly discouraged ;-) ).

Can you give me your opinion on this idea?

Regards,
Julien Combes