Re: Solved: Squatter core dump

On Tue, 18 May 2021, at 2:48 AM, Gabriele Bulfon via Info wrote:
It shows the usage help if I run squatter -v -i -s -a, while it runs if I run -v -i -a ...

Hmm. The man page says:

> -s, --squat-skip[=delta]

It looks like there's a bug in the parsing for the optional delta argument.  It's intended that if you provide -s or --squat-skip without a delta value, then the default of 60 will be used.  But for some reason I don't yet understand, it's failing when no delta is provided.

Our test case provides a delta of 0 (so that it can see results right away), but that means we're testing it with an explicit delta but not without one, and I guess we missed that it doesn't parse properly without one.

I think if you run "squatter -v -i -s60 -a" it should work correctly, and do the same thing that "squatter -v -i -s -a" is supposed to do.

I've opened a github issue about this so we can track the eventual fix, but in the meantime specifying the 60 explicitly (or whatever other value you like) should get you going.  https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-imapd/issues/3496

Thanks for catching this, it's pretty subtle!