Da: o1bigtenor <o1bigtenor@xxxxxxxxx>
A: Info <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Data: 15 gennaio 2021 18.39.35 CET
Oggetto: Re: two factor auth

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 11:14 AM Gabriele Bulfon via Info
<info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, is there any possibility to have Cyrus Imap run some kind of two factor authentication?
> Be it OTP or OAuth or anything else that will be supported by imap clients.

Greetings

I am a 'rural' person and my stupid phone coverage is about a
wonderful and likely as
finding honest politicians. I have therefore become most vehemently
anti any kind of
authentication that necessitates the use of a 'stupid phone'. I would
suggest that
demanding the use of serious passwords would make the need for such more than
one factor authentication much less likely.

This may never be an issue for you but this is almost a daily problem
here and the
industry (computer) seems to believe otherwise therefore my interjecting!

Regards