Re: Upgrading

Gabriele,
In regards to Sieve Scripts, it's odd that that information is missing from the upgrade page.  Here's the restructured text from an older version (I wrote this), 3.0.8:
* Sieve Scripts

    Since defaults for options: ``unixhierarchysep:`` and
    ``altnamespace:`` have changed in :cyrusman:`imapd.conf(5)`, you
    may very likely need to modify any sieve scripts already on your
    system.  Fear not, there's a tool for this task, called
    :cyrusman:`translatesieve(8)`.  This tool can handle situations
    where either or both of these settings need change. Please consult
    the man page for details.

    Consider the following example, where the prior configuration was
    already using ``altnamespace: on``, but was *not* using
    ``unixhierarchysep: on``::

        # su cyrus -c "/usr/lib/cyrus/upgrade/translatesieve -a"
        you are using /var/lib/imap/sieve as your sieve directory.
        translating sievedir /var/lib/imap/sieve... converting separator from '.' to '/'
        not changing name space.
        done
This section was removed by Ellie in 93d986b on 9 Feb. 2020.  One wonders if this is no longer needed?  Ellie?

I recommend checking the man page for 'translatesieve(8)'

Cheers,
    -nic