restoring user flags

Hi,

one of our users reported that some of his "user flags" are missing. I suspect, that they
have been deleted by him or his mua.

We have backups of the mails and the cyrus.cache, cyrus.index and cyrus.header files.
But how do i restore the user flags?

I considered the following:

- I could overwrite the cyrus.cache, cyrus.index and cyrus.header files with the old version, and run reconstruct to "rediscover" the "new mails", but i could loose some information
(e.g. user flags) for the "new mails".

- I could restore the folers as "new" folders, but how do I manage the dublicated "Uniqe FolderID"?

- Editing / Scripting / Changing the Cyrus meta files. (read the user flags for each mails from the old headers and change them in the new header). Are ther tools to merge/edit the meta files.

How do I block delivery / append to the mailbox while i change the files without stopping cyrus for all users

We are running cyrus 3.0.13 murder cluster with replication.

Kind Regards

   Michael

Michael Menge                          Tel.: (49) 7071 / 29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071 / 29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung mail: michael.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen