Fwd: Squatter performance

Please remove my mail adress. It is not possible on topicbox and the support says, I have to tell the admins...so here I am ...

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Von: Gabriele Bulfon via Info <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mi., 25. Nov. 2020 um 09:12 Uhr
Subject: Squatter performance
To: <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello,

I have some Cyrus 2.5.11 intallations running on our XStreamOS/illumos distro.
One of them has become very busy with a lot of big mailboxes.
Here we have a a nightly batch running 'squatter -v -i -s -a -r "$mbox"' on each mailbox of each domain.
Using the incremenal option, I see many mailboxes/folders are skipping beacuse no change happened.
Though, for mailboxes such as INBOX or Sent, changes happen everyday, so everynight they get reindexed.
When these are very big (90,000 - 130,000 msgs around 10-12GB of data) this reindexing takes very long (30-50 minutes for a big mailbox).
I thought incremental would mean also a changing mailbox would be reindexed incrementally, while I think squatter is rebuilding the index from scratch.

How can I optimize this?
Also, is there any option to run multiple squatter threads in parallel?

Thanks,
Gabriele