Import messages from another server

I have an old server that was started by accident and it has received a
number of messages instead of the new server. I want to move those
messages to the new server.

I can tar up the messages with something like:

$ cd /path/to/cyrus/mail/j/user/joe
$ find . -type f -newermt "2020-09-01" \! -name '*.index' \! -name
'*.cache' -exec tar -rvf /somewhere/messages.tar {} \;

So I end up with an archive of cyrus messages with file names like ".12345".

I thought I might be able to pump them in using "deliver" but that goes
through the lmtp server, so requires an envelope which I don't have. It
would also be a faff to connect to it because it's nailed down to allow
connections from the Postfix server only and requires auth (LMTPSA).

I can use Postfix "sendmail" to drop them into Postfix "maildrop" and it
works great, except that duplicates aren't detected. The "Message-ID" is
the same but there is an inserted "Resent-Message-Id" header at the
bottom of the headers (immediately before the blank line separating the
body). It is clear this relates to my use of sendmail (the id contains
today's date and time and my domain).

$ sendmail -t joe < .12345

I'll probably just do this (and accept potential duplicates) if I can't
find a better method.

Is there a way I can pump these message files directly into my Cyrus
imap server ?

Thanks,
David