Re: CalDav CardDav webmail client ?

Hi!

Answering below!!

El 17 jun 2020, a las 15:09, Niels Dettenbach <nd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

Am Mittwoch, 17. Juni 2020, 14:39:36 CEST schrieb egoitz@xxxxxxxxxx:
Although we at present, are not running Cyrus Caldav/Carddav, Davical
instead (it comes from long time ago), we are running Roundcube. I adapted
the Caldav Kolab plugin in order to even support Free/Busy and for fixing
some bug… I should have uploaded it to Github or wherever, but I have not
have time for getting it ready for that. By the way, it’s not done for
Roundcube 1.4. It’s for Roundcube 1.3. We even use Caldavzap (with a lot
of js work too) with Roundcube as tasks plugin too.
Thanks for that tip,

but it seems requiring PHP5 (which is obsolete today) and don't get any
secuity updates anymore.

You could get it working with PHP7…. It has some work… but you can….

Cheers!!

It seems that even many other famous open source projects for CalDAV/CardDAV
servers stacks are still more maintained - including i.e. Apples Darwin
Calendar Servers (DCS):
https://www.calendarserver.org/

We use Cyrus IMAP with Horde5 to provide CalDAV/CardDAV as "MS Exchange Sync"
emulation ("newer ActiveSync") "out of one box" plus a "nice" (responsive)
Groupware web GUI, but the Calendar / Adressbook server stack is still used
from Horde (on SQL) while Cyrus serves the Emails for Horde only. Horde5 now
works on PHP7.x and is still maintained.

It would be nice to get that Horde5 stack completely run with Cyrus as this
would offer even more compatibility / protocols as the very known "Cyrus
robustness"...ß) ...and on the longer run Horde out of the path for
compatible clients / users.

just my .02$

niels.

--