Re: Cyrus 3.0.8 and purging/removing emails

Hi,
according to the documentation for cyr_expire (https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/reference/manpages/systemcommands/cyr_expire.html) you also have to add -X parameter in order to completely delete messages from mailboxes and -D parameter in order to remove deleted mailboxes from the server. -E is only for expiring old entries in the duplicate messages databases. Note that the parameter "3" specified there is in days by default (3d).

So, if you only want to keep data that was deleted the last, let's say, 7 days, and delete anything older than that, you enter the following in the EVENTS section of cyrus.conf:

delprune        cmd="/usr/sbin/cyrus/cyr_expire -E 3d -X 7d -D 7d" at 0400

The path to cyr_expire is not clear in your email, so please adjust it accordingly.
"at 0400" specifies that the command must be executed daily at 04:00, you can of course change it.

Regards,
Savvas Karagiannidis