Re: Upgrade 2.4 -> 3: status 75, clean shutdown file missing

On 2020-01-02 16:22, Mark wrote:

> Then, when starting up again, I get a message about skiplist shutdown
> file being missing:
>
> ctl_cyrusdb[29750]: skiplist: clean shutdown file missing, updating
> recovery stamp

Digging into the code a bit, I find this (below) in cyrusdb_skiplist.c.
 Unless I'm mistaken, it seems that the file skipcleanshutdown is never
actually created in the code, so this notice will always be generated.
So I'd say that the 'clean shutdown file missing' message is benign.  Am
I correct that this file is never actually created?
snprintf(cleanfile, sizeof(cleanfile), "%s/skipcleanshutdown", dbdir);

/* if we had a clean shutdown, we don't need to run recovery on
 * everything */
if (stat(cleanfile, &sbuf) == 0) {
    syslog(LOG_NOTICE, "skiplist: clean shutdown detected, starting
normally");
    unlink(cleanfile);
    goto normal;
}