plus-addressing to mailbox with special-use

Hello all,

I would like to have spam messages delivered to special-use \Junk folder. As for my tests, this is possible using plus-addressing + the 'anyone p' permission on Junk + special-use "\Junk" attribute set on Junk mailbox; but in our setup, the special-use attribute "\Junk" is already set into many different mailboxes (apart from Junk) by the diversity of imap clients. And cyrus does not allow to have more than one folder with the same special-use attribute - the rfc leaves that part of the implementation deliberately open:

   Servers MAY allow the creation of a special-use mailbox even if one
   so designated already exists.  This might have the effect of moving
   the special use from the old mailbox to the new one, or might create
   multiple mailboxes with the same special use.  Alternatively, servers
   MAY refuse the creation, considering the designation to be a
   conflict.

So, my question is how is people on the list handling this? My idea right now is to create the user Junk mailbox if there is not already one, and set the special-use attribute "\Junk" there if it is not set on another mailbox. Spam will end on the Junk mailbox, but this will not always be the special-use "\junk" maailbox. This is not perfect but I guess cyrus refuses to have 2 folders with the same special-use atttribute for a reason ...

Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated.

Javier.

----
To Unsubscribe: