Re: Subscriptions and sieve filters lost after upgrade to Cyrus 3.0

Hi,

Quoting Martin Svec <martin.svec@xxxxxxxx>:

Hi Ellie,

Dne 19.7.2018 v 4:57 ellie timoney napsal(a):
Hi,

This was an lmtpd bug in earlier versions of 3.0. It was fixed in 3.0.6, and this was noted in the release notes:

https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/download/release-notes/3.0/x/3.0.6.html:
Fixed Issue #2303: lmtpd(8) now looks for sieve scripts in the same directories as the rest of cyrus (including timsieved(8)). Please note that if you had manually installed sieve scripts to the directories lmtpd used to look in, these will need to be moved.
It sounds like your setup was taking the bug into account (using the '^' paths that lmtpd expected), and since lmtpd has been fixed to use dots, you're now seeing the reverse of the problem.

I don't think #2303 is related to our problem. Issue #2303 was a sieve path inconsistency between LMTP and the rest of Cyrus between 3.0.0-beta2 and 3.0.6. We've upgraded directly from 2.5.7 to
3.0.6. Also, in our case subscription file names are affected too.

You should be able to rename the name^with^dots paths to name.with.dots and things will work normally for you.

Of course, we already renamed them using a simple script. However, I'm curious if this breakage between 2.5 and 3.0 series is well known and documented. Let me repeat again: all subscription and sieve paths in previous Cyrus versions had dots translated to "^" for years. Since 3.0 Cyrus uses "." instead of "^" and so the upgrade leads to missing subscriptions and sieve scripts. This is a significant incompatible change that should be documented in 3.0 Upgrade Guide. I'm also afraid if
there're no more similar "silent" changes that we didn't find yet.

Just to make sure, you have seen

Important config options: unixhierarchysep: and altnamespace: defaults have changed in imapd.conf(5). Implications are outlined in the Note in User Namespace Mode and Switching the Alternative Namespace. Please also see “Sieve Scripts,” below.

   unixhierarchysep: on
   altnamespace: on

https://www.cyrusimap.org/3.0/imap/download/upgrade.html#copy-config-files-and-update

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung mail: michael.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen

----