Re: Size of partition.

On Tue, 1 May 2018, at 04:12, Albert Shih wrote:
Le 30/04/2018 à 08:30:44+0200, Robert Stepanek a écrit
On Fri, Apr 27, 2018, at 15:48, Albert Shih wrote:
I activated squatter but put the index not on ssd. The index
created by squatter are (in my case) about 5-8% of the size of
the mailbox.

But I got lot of « conversation »  index. What's the purpose
of those « conversations »  ?

conversations.db initially was used to keep an index of email
conversations (e.g. the threaded views typically found in most email
readers nowadays). But today it also helps for most use-cases where
we need to keep track of messages across mailboxes (e.g. if you have
two copies of an email in two mailboxes, you'll see that reflected in
conversations.db). It confusingly is still named conversations.db for
historic reasons. But for any recent (v3) Cyrus IMAP installation,
including Xapian and JMAP, it's a very critical piece in the puzzle.

Ok. Thanks you.

Still one question, I see in the configuration file

  conversations_expire_days : 90

why do I need to keep those information during 90 days ?  For example what
would be the impact if I say

  conversations_expire_days : 7

The bit which is expired is the mapping from message-id(s) to conversation id.  If you set it to 7 days, then if you receive a reply to an existing message more than a week later, it won't detect that they are related.

Cheers,

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana, CEO, FastMail Pty Ltd