Re: Replicated RENAME leaves "empty" entry in mailboxes.db

Hi,

[4:11pm] hagedose: user.testuser-clotho1.diesisteintest	16 (null)

This sounds like it's the tombstone entry for the deleted mailbox (i.e. a
record that there used to be a mailbox with that name).  I believe
tombstones are relatively new, in which case the master server might not
have one just because it's an older build.  Off the top of my head I'm
not sure what version they appeared in, but I think ~2.5.

that explanation makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

I might be totally wrong here.  My understanding how tombstones appear to
administrators is pretty woolly/nonexistent, so I'm guessing.  Hoping
someone more familiar with these can chime in.

We don't really seem to have any documentation about them, so that would
be a good thing to put together.  I've raised
https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-imapd/issues/2265 for this, so we
don't forget to do it :)

Thank you!
--
Sebastian Hagedorn - Weyertal 121, Zimmer 2.02
Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK)

----
To Unsubscribe: