Re: Mailboxes messed up after migration

This sounds like that the timestamps have to be "recalculated" from the mail
headers of the emails to get the correct timestamps back on them. I typically
use imapsync for this and imapsync has a integrated option / switch for this
to do this automatically.

Cyrus really recalculated the messages timestamps.
But it was just a matter of changing the display order of the mail clients.
Receipt time instead of Send time.

Other thing that users are complaining about right now is that they might not
be able to delete some of their messages. Here is the alert they've got:

Error on Server: UID COPY: Fatal error: Internal error: assertion failed:
imaplmailbox.c: 2850: !message_guid_isnull(&record->guid)

I've read something about it already, and found that using reconstruct -rG could
help. But turns out it just points out which messages have a GUID mismatch. And
it says using the -R would fix it, but it actually just clear the messages' seen states
and users still face the exclusion issue.

This is a sample output for reconstruct -rG user/USER@xxxxxxxxxx:

ufpa.br!user.USER.ANTISPAM uid 478 guid mismatch
run reconstruct with -R to fix or -U to remove

And this is a sample output for reconstruct -rGR user/USER@xxxxxxxxxx:

ufpa.br!user.USER.BACKUP_NETWORKER uid 12478 guid mismatch
ufpa.br!user.USER.BACKUP_NETWORKER uid 12478 marking for uid upgrade
ufpa.br!user.USER.BACKUP_NETWORKER uid 12478 rediscovered - appending

Here is the other message I've sent to the list about how the migration was done.

Any thoughts about that?

--
Hiago Prata
Graduando em Engenharia da Computação