Re: mailbox / user migration to a new server

--On 2. Januar 2018 um 14:00:59 +0100 Kristian Rink <kawazu428@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

we're in the process of moving an "old" (cyrus 2.2.13, local Unix users)
IMAP structure to a "newer" installation (cyrus 2.4.18, ActiveDirectory
users attached using winbind). In total I'm about to move somewhere next
to 300GB of mail spool knowing that ...

- ... all this data has to be moved from one server to another and

- ... most of the users now do have different user names (as the "old"
Unix names differ from the "new" AD names) so data needs to be copied
between different mailboxes.

So just copying /var/spool/cyrus won't possibly work. Likewise, however,
I can't use any of the IMAP migration scripts that do these things on a
per-user basis as I am not supposed to know or mess with each users
passwords; whatever I do sync-wise should be done using cyrus /
administrative user accounts.

Is something like this possible? How if so? What is the best way of doing
this?

You could copy the spool directories individually. You just need to create all the new directories first, and your copy script needs a mapping from the old user name to the new one. Then your script can use the "mbpath" utility to find the disk path to each user's directory.
--
   .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - Weyertal 121 (Gebäude 133), Zimmer 2.02.:.
                .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.

----
To Unsubscribe: