cyrus + roundcube + managesieve for vacation notification

Many thanks to Vladislav and Merlin for setting me in the right direction for setting up user-activated vacation notifications. A couple of follow up questions:

On 12/14/2017 03:31 AM, Vladislav Kurz wrote:
>> Also, is there anything special I need to do with my cyrus configuration
>> to allow for roundcube to notify imapd about sieve rules being
>> activated/deactivated?
>
> Just uncomment the sieve line in cyrus.conf

Following the documentation here:
 https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/reference/admin/sieve.html

it looks like I also need to add a managesieve line to /etc/cyrus/cyrus.conf?

   sieve         cmd="timsieved" listen="servername:sieve" prefork=0
   managesieve   cmd="timsieved" listen="servername:4190" prefork=0

Is this correct, or am I doing some superfluous? I enabled managesieve and roundcube is talking to the sieve server, but didn't test without.

Since this is our first time using sieve, I haven't worried about this too much until now, but roundcube+managesieve seems to be concerned about the location of global sieve scripts:

   // default contents of filters script (eg. default spam filter)
   // $config['managesieve_default'] = '/etc/dovecot/sieve/global';
   $config['managesieve_default'] = '/var/imap/sieve';

I set this to be /var/imap/sieve, but that doesn't feel right, since this folder appears to be the base for user sieve scripts?

[root@www ~]# cd /var/imap/sieve
[root@www sieve]# ls
0  3  6  9  b  C  e  F	h  I  k  L  n  O  q  R	t  U  w  X  z
1  4  7  a  B  d  E  g	H  j  K  m  N  p  Q  s	T  v  W  y  Z
2  5  8  A  c  D  f  G	i  J  l  M  o  P  r  S	u  V  x  Y

I need to identify an appropriate location for global sieve scripts in order to add it to PHP's open_basedir folder list. Also, when a user activates a sieve script to facilitate vacation notification, does that script go into a global folder (unlikely) or into the user's personal sieve space? I'm pretty sure it's the latter, just would like someone to confirm.

----
To Unsubscribe: