Re: Default value changes in Cyrus 3

Yes, if you change either it will force a re-download of messages and resync of mailbox listing.

I would recommend setting it to the old values if you upgrade an existing server.  You can also do something like we did at FastMail - set up a new hostname with the new defaults using per-service imapd.conf options, and recommend that users use the new hostname when setting up new clients.  That way you don't break things for existing users.

The reason for new defaults in a major version change is to allow new sites to have sane defaults for the future.

Bron.