Had problems upgrading to 3.0?

Hi!

As a doc maintainer on the Cyrus project I read the responses coming in to the upgrade survey, which is linked to at the bottom of the 3.0 upgrade instructions.

If you have problems with your upgrade, and you want help, please follow up with a post to the mailing list!

The survey response form is not a good way to get help: after all, we have no idea who sent it in so we can't respond.

With that in mind, someone recently sent in a report saying:

Upgrade failed, "reconstruct" fails with "double free or corruption", only inbox but no subfolders available whereas unixhierarchysep and altnamespace are set to 0. Back to a working 2.5 version.

If this was you, and you want some help upgrading, send through some more information. (There's no "double free" string anywhere in the Cyrus source: is it something out of valgrind?) Is there log information? What was your imapd.conf before/after?

Equally, if this was you and you want help:
it does not work. can't find a solution. cyrus is not logging. reconstruct is crashing.

What platform are you on, is there any further error messages on the console?

Cheers,

   Nicola

----
To Unsubscribe: