At the beginning this year I migrated from ubuntu 12.10+cyrus2.4.16 to centos7+cyrus2.4.17. All it have worked fine, but month and half after migration I start to notice something was going wrong:  time to time I see lots of  imap-processes, users complain to access to their mboxes, mail delivery problems, squatter holds at bad mbox and etc.I managed to find who faced to the same problem https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-imapd/issues/1599
In my case I caught the bug exactly as described in link above. I decided to look for more new cyrus version for centos7 and found in kolab repository http://obs.kolabsys.com/repositories/Kolab:/16/CentOS_7/x86_64

Also about how to control squatter task via system scheduler CRON or in-build one - Cyrus EVENS Section. I think it depends on habits and sysadmin style. For example, I like starting cyrus routine tasks via EVENTS Section in order to cyrus-master controls its tasks.

1 мая 2017 г., в 10:39 ДП, Simon Wilson <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> написал(а):

----- Message from Anton <a_shilov@xxxxxxxx> ---------
  Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 21:22:04 +0700
  From: Anton <a_shilov@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Squatter after upgrade
    To: simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Cc: "info-cyrus lists.andrew.cmu.edu" <info-cyrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Simon!
Just put your squatter at the same place in EVENT section in new server. Actually I recommend you don't use stock cyrus version in centos 7 due to IDLE bugs. Jump to 2.5.10 from kolab repo.

Thanks. I've added squatter and it seems to be running OK.

I've not been able to find any information about IDLE bugs in the CentOS 7 packaged Cyrus. The whole intent of running CentOS is for package stability - it would need to be a major issue to get me to break out of that and sideload a newer Cyrus. Do you have more info on the IDLE bugs you mention?