Re: Set metadata (specialuse - Sent,Junk,Drafts) as admin for other user

Hi,

On Fri, 07 Apr 2017 20:03:54 +0900, Olaf Frączyk <olaf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

Is there any possibility to set metadata for a users mailbox?

I need to set specialuse, so the users use correct folders for sent,
drafts,junk. As the users use different mail clients in different
language versions, they have a mess in their folders. Eg. Outlook 2013
Polish and English and Thunderbird Polish and English it is impossible
to use the same folders.

As it is impossible to set others' users private/specialuse as admin, I
tried shared/specialuse but I got "permission denied" both for admin and
for user.

Is it possible to impersonate admin as a user (not using user's password)?

Or maybe there is some other way to accomplish my goal?

I cannot expect from users to login via telnet and set it by themselves.

You can use SASL proxy auth. authenticate "a user", authorize as  "admin".
For example with "cyradmn" tool,

% cyradm -u user -a admin server.name

Your server and client tool must ready to use SASL Authentication mechanisms
with PROXY support.
https://cyrusimap.org/sasl/sasl/authentication_mechanisms.html#summary

Best regards,

Olaf Frączyk