Re: Sieve RFC5490 checks user quota usage

Hi,

Quoting Paolo Cravero <paolo.cravero@xxxxxx>:

And for Nic, yes, I mean the "IMAP STORAGE quota". I would like to warn the
user that his quota is about to fill up through an email, triggered on new
mail arrival or login. Why? Because not all clients support reading the
quota over IMAP or handling an alert (think of some smartphone IMAP client
or an (active)sync system).

Is there a way to achieve the same result somehow, with stock cyrus?

We have a daily cron-job which checks the quota usage and informs
the user via mail if more than 85% is used. The scripts limits the  mails
send to each user to one every week. An other mail is send if 100%
usage is reached.

Two other ways i can think of is parsing cyrus logs, or using the notify daemon

Michael

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung mail: michael.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen

----