Re: Cyrus IMAP on NFS

On 09/02/17 09:53, Paolo Cravero via Info-cyrus wrote:
 From our storage admins: "One advantage of having most of the
obsolete-but-keep-it-i-might-need-it-one-day data not on a local filesystem
is that in the rare event of system crash you will not have to wait for fsck
to complete, as it must be done for local disks. If you have TB's it makes
quite a difference."

Paolo
(sitting on few NFS spools)

Go ZFS ?
We ditched fsck over a decade ago.

There used to be an Atos admin on this list who had a pretty impressive
Cyrus user base on NFS / NetApp and who was rather pleased with that.

Of course you would not put your mailboxes.db and other I/O critical
structures on NFS but why not the Cyrus metadata ?

Regards,
Eric (mail and storage admin, roughly 10 TB Cyrus spool on ZFS / iSCSI)

----
To Unsubscribe: