Re: 2.5.x RPMs from KolabSys?

On 2016-02-12 03:38, Nicola Nye wrote:
Hi folks,

On a quick uneducated tour around the obs.kolabsys.com site, I get to
https://obs.kolabsys.com/package/show/cyrus-imapd:2.5-next/cyrus-imapd

and if you follow the links per platform on on the right hand side, it
does take you to a page which seems to have downloadable tarballs.

They don't seem to have been rebuilt in a long while, and many platforms
have build errors, so YMMV with how much use it is. Jeroen is listed as
the maintainer; he may know more.

Hey folks,

I do know more; I run both the OBS, do the packaging and such and so forth. It's therefore also my fault that I'm not paying as much to these branches.

I wasn't under the impression anyone was actually interested in using these packages, and it was originally created as a verification step in development, more than the intended distribution channel for Cyrus IMAP.

That is to say, we ship some of the latest and greatest with our own product, which is also where I spend most of my time.

2.4-next, 2.5-next and master project builds are supposed to be triggered as part of Continuous Integration -> Continuous Delivery. I have, since I've started with all of this, written a variety of scripts necessary to check stuff back in to the build system -- but I have not applied that to the cyrus-imapd build projects.

Leaves me to wonder whether these packages are actually used by some or the other significant number of deployments?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Senior Solutions Architect, Kolab Systems AG

e: vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
m: +41 79 951 9003
w: https://kolabsystems.com

pgp: 9342 BF08